Professional interpreters, native in the language they interpret into, specialists in your sector
Where can we offer interpreting services?
Whether it’s a business meeting, a conference or legal matters, we can deliver. We offer interpreting services mainly in London, but we can also provide throughout the UK.
To make sure we offer you only quality interpreting services, we have a team of dedicated interpreters, who have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience. They also interpret from/to their mother tongue in combination with a second language which they master at native level. Interpreting is demanding and requires a high level of accuracy, a good memory and excellent listening skills, depending on the type of interpreting necessary.
What type of interpreting services do I need?
Have a look at the different types of interpreting available and if you still are not sure what you need, we are a phone call or email away.
- Simultaneous interpreting is usually required during conferences and the interpreters (a minimum of two is necessary) use audio equipment (microphone, headphones, sound-proof booth) and interpret what the speakers are saying at the same pace, while listening for the next sentence. More details on the simultaneous interpreting page.
- Consecutive interpreting involves the interpreter listening to the speaker and then reproducing what they said in the target language. This can mean a speech as long as half an hour and in this case the interpreter will need to take notes. A sub-category is called liaison interpreting, where a few sentences are translated at a time. This type of interpreting is the most common one and is suitable for small meetings, such as between solicitors and their clients, people needing medical assistance etc. Read more about this on the consecutive interpreting page.
- Telephone interpreting is sometimes needed when face-to-face interpreting is not possible, usually due to distance or short notice. In this case, the interpreting taken place over the phone. We do not offer this service for the time being.
- Whispered interpreting is mostly required during site visits or small conferences. It is similar to simultaneous interpreting to the extent that the interpreter delivers the message in the target language at the same time (with a small lag) with the speaker, with the difference that (s)he does it quietly.
Please follow the links to find out more details on the types of interpreting services we can offer.
The requirements for each case are dealt with individually, so get in touch to make sure we find the best solution for your interpreting needs.
How much do interpreting services cost?
The different types of interpreting services have different rates and you can read about them on our interpreting fees page. In order to discuss your needs in more details and to get a free no-obligation quote, contact us.
Tips to get the most out of the interpreting services we offer
- When booking your interpreting services, make sure you take into account and discuss with the project manager assigned by the interpreting agency the particularities of the event you are organising:
- how many people are attending
- languages they speak
- equipment needed
- type of event
- any specific vocabulary/ terms
- Make sure you book your interpreting services in advance, as we will need to make sure we have all the details and offer you the highest quality service. It is very useful for the interpreter, and ultimately for you, to receive any documents, presentations or speeches to be delivered in advance, not only to get the gist of the vent, but also to research the specific terminology.
- If you are a company, you will receive an invoice after the event, according to the agreed contract signed prior to the event.
- If you are a private individual, you will be asked to pay upfront.