This is a post inspired by Olga Arakelyan’s post – you can read more about the idea on her blog. I really enjoyed reading about her and getting to know her at a more personal level. Together with Catherine Christaki’s ‘How I work’ series on the Lingua Greca blog, this is a lovely way to learn more about fellow translators and interpreters.
Now, let’s see how many things I love I can list in 10 minutes. Let the countdown begin:
- Sushi – I am notorious among my friends for this passion. I can even make a mean salmon and avocado sushi. Finger-lickin’ good (not bite your fingers off!!)
- Reading – I am an avid reader. My day is not complete without reading.
- Languages (I am stating the obvious, I know)
- Catching up with old friends
- Dogs – I don’t have one yet, but would love to
- Driving relaxes me a lot
- My Kindle – a whole library at my fingertips
- A good Internet connection
- Autumn – amazing colours, the right temperature, plus I was born in this season
- Travelling and discovering new places
- Cooking and experimenting in the kitchen – not always with the most positive results though 🙂
- Spinning – I have just discovered this activity and I am enjoying it greatly
- Going back to my grandparents’ house in the countryside (sadly only via memories)
- Organising stuff – I am organised to the point of being considered slightly compulsive…
- The smell of freshly cut grass – I can’t think of a fresher smell
- Shoes, bags, make-up and jewellery (I’m a woman, what can I say?)
- UK weather – yes, I know, nobody believes me, but I love it: not too cold, not too hot and it doesn’t even rain as much as people think
- Rock music
- My job
- The colour purple
- High heels – I only own two pairs of flat footwear, the rest of them are all high-heeled (I am really short :))
It seems my time is up :). I would like to make this into a tag game and challenge the following people to do this on their blogs: Emeline Jamoul, Catherine Christaki, Sara Colombo, Catharine Smart-Cellier, Joseph Lambert, Caroline Alberoni, Sofia Polykreti, Else Gellinek, Plamena Nikolova, Konstantina Drakou, Judy Jenner, Sarai Pahla, Lloyd Bingham, Valeria Aliperta, Tess Whitty, Kari Koonin, Marta Stelmaszak and obviously anyone who likes the idea.